POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : non-POV stills wip. : Re: non-POV stills wip. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: non-POV stills wip.
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Date: 23 Oct 2009 15:18:23
Message: <4ae2017f$1@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <sha### [at] nonenone> wrote in message news:4ae0de5d@news.povray.org...

> I've been trying to get in shape for the past few months for this
> advertisement, but have had a few setbacks[1]. So not quite there yet,
> but I do like to think I've reached above average for a 25yo[2]. Maybe

I'm 41 as of yesterday.  I got myself into better shape about 5 years ago,
but slowly, slowly, I've put the weight back on.  Oddly, this last summer, I
was in the best bicycling shape that I've been in since... well, maybe the
best in my life.  60, 70, 80 mile rides were a piece of cake.  But I was
still almost 20 lbs heavier than 5 years ago.  No, it's not all muscle.
Endurance sports/activities have always been where my interest lies.

I've realized that creating goals is basically what keeps me from becoming a
couch potato.  But you can't simply create a goal.  It has to be something
you have an interest in, or it becomes somewhat of an empty promise to
yourself.  Saying, "I want to lose 10 lbs by September 1st" is different
from saying, "I need to get in shape to ride my bike in the DALMAC* on Labor
Day".  Finding goals like that is where I have most of my trouble.

Nevertheless, this motivates me to try harder in my own life.

*a 4 day ride from Lansing to the Mackinac Bridge.  325 miles.