POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 : Re: 2012 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2012
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Oct 2009 14:29:48
Message: <4ae1f61c$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> I'm also pretty sure that bit doesn't actually show up in
>> the old testament as well.
>
>   Actually the "love your neighbor as yourself" commandment is not an
> invention of the New Testament. It's based on Mosaic law (Leviticus 19:18).

I stand corrected.  That's kind of obvious in retrospect.  D'oh!

Of course, that means "your neighbor" and probably doesn't mean, say, the
Egyptian Pharaohs, the Samaritans, etc.

And I forgot to list scientology, as well. And I don't know what the Mormon
stance on loving each other, but I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of caveats
in there too, given they dislike their gay members loving their neighbors,
for example.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)