POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 : Re: 2012 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2012
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Oct 2009 12:56:56
Message: <4ae1e058$1@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Well not strictly, I don't know what every religion in the world is
> about, but mainly every religion preaches how God want us to love each
> other the best way possible, you get me?

Um, no. Indeed, most religions don't preach that.

Buddhism doesn't. Wicca doesn't. Greek gods weren't particularly admirable.
Norse gods weren't particularly loving. Mayan gods wanted you to kill each
other.

I'm pretty sure that even Islam doesn't preach that, but rather obedience to
God over all else. I'm also pretty sure that bit doesn't actually show up in
the old testament as well.

Indeed, unless you think every religion is Christianity and indeed only the
loving parts of Christianity, I'm pretty sure that "most" is overblown.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)