POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 : Re: 2012 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2012
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 23 Oct 2009 03:13:24
Message: <4ae15794$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Umm. Answer me this question.. A few hundred years **prior** to the
> Jewish religion there was one that worshipped El, which later became
> Elohim, which later got converted into some generic term for "god in
> general", all by the followers of **one tribe**. So, why did they pick
> the war monger Yahweh, instead of one of the other 6 sons of El,
> Chemosh, Dagon, Baal, Milcom, Hadad or Qos? Seems to me, that the only
> reason Yahweh won, and the rest people stopped worshiping, was
> **because**, during that time period, his followers killed everyone
> else, or forced them to convert, and then later on, the Romans tacked on
> Jesus, borrowed from several other legends, as a replacement for the Old
> Testament's new messiah, which was, **gasp!** supposed to, according to
> **every** text in it that mentions him, supposed to be another true
> follower of Yahweh. Which is to say, a mass murdering war leader,
> dedicated to obliterating infidels.
>
> When you stop following the "official" mistranslated, historically
> ignorant, and badly distorted words of people that **needed** their god
> to be the one and only true god, you start having issues like this. What
> happened to the other 6, and how, when even the original Jewish texts
> still say things like, "you won't worship any of those *other* gods",
> while earlier talking about more than one of them doing and creating
> things, is Yahweh suddenly the "true one", when he was just Ares, as
> apposed to Zeus? I just don't get it... Well, other than its politically
> a lot more effective if your priests are the only ones making the rules,
> and everyone else's are all dead, or disempowered.

I can't answer your question as a Theologist, but I'll do my best as a
spiritual person.

I have seen "The Davinci Code" and found that Jesus yes was in deed a
great man... yeah you read it right, I know now he wasn't God, a God or
the son of God, an Roman Emperor made him God for convenience, so the
Bible for me is not the word of God but a very good source of Moral,
Spiritual and Love guide, so about Yahweh being a mass murderer deity
and other stuff, is not, and I don't think ever was, much concern for my
behavior, but the practical teaching of Jesus Christ that I can apply to
my life, I don't know if was also manipulated or not but is: "Love GOd
above all else and your proxy as yourself", works every time and you
don't need to meditate much since those are fairly simple word, but the
meditation comes *how* we do this every day, is very difficult but if
you try very hard can be achieved and is in escence what we all need...
you can demand respect from a people that doesn't have love or never
been taught how to express it in a good way if they never recieved it to
begin with (sometime life is extraordinarily cruel and difficult for
some people), so the trick is to teach respect to the ones who
disrespects you *without* disrespect them.

I don't pretend to know everything about being a nice person but I learn
about it and try to be one, I advice you the same.

Let me tell you a Godless example of it, maybe you know it already. Is a
message in a Power Point presentation in Spanish so I can't post it
here, so I'll translate it to you:

Title: "Your interior peace, depends on you"

"A legend tells that in a Tokio village lived a Samurai, who despite his
advanced age, stand out for his Zen teachings to the young ones and
could still defeat any adversary. One afternoon a foreign warrior
appeared in the village known by his total lack of respect, he wanted to
defeat the Samurai and increase his fame that way. The old man accepted
the challenge and the young man started insult him, kicked some stones
toward him, spat on his face, yelled insults, offended his ancestors and
did a lot of things to offend and wake up anger and fury in the old man.

For hours the young man did everything to provoke the Samurai, but he
remained impassive. At the end of the day, feeling exhausted and
humiliated, the warrior retired himself.

The Samurai students, surprised, asked their Master how could he
tolerate so much indignation and he answered:

- If someone comes to you with a present and you don't want to accept
it, to whom belongs the present?

- His disciples answered: to who tried to deliver it.

- The same goes for lust, anger, defamation and insults. When they're
not accepted, continue to belong to who carried them along.

*Your interior peace depends exclusively on you. The persons can't take
your calm from you, unless you permit it.*"

I wrote this because you seem to needed because the way you write looks
like you're very worked up by the things going on in your Country right
now. I don't pretend to know what are your feeling, just thought you may
need this.

Cheers.