POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Largest POV image? : Re: Largest POV image? Server Time
8 Oct 2024 21:10:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Largest POV image?
From: TC
Date: 22 Oct 2009 12:52:56
Message: <4ae08de8$1@news.povray.org>
Thank you all for your posts. Quite an insight.

> (BTW, why did you post this in povray.off-topic?)

Because it was just an idle thought. I saw some pov-rendered posters. I then
pondered upon resolution and pixel-sizes for an A0-poster and wondered how
far you can realistically go. And how long it would take.

I realize of course that render-time is dependent on the scene to be
rendered. I just hoped to get to know if render-time behaves proportionally
to the numer of pixels to be rendered or if render time increases
exponentially with the number of pixels at really high resolutions.

Do you have any experience?

Furthermore I did not wish to bother anybody with this who might be occupied
with productive work. Whoever is browsing through povray.off-topic is
probably somewhat bored and wishes to pass time (probably until the current
render finishes) ;-)