POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming langauges : Re: Programming langauges Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming langauges
From: clipka
Date: 22 Oct 2009 07:00:32
Message: <4ae03b50$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible schrieb:

>> In any case, PostScript /is/ a full-fledged programming language, and
>> was always intended to be.
>
> According to Wikipedia, it was always designed to be a page-description
> language.

I'd rather say, a "page-description programming language".

The whole structure of the language indicates that Turing-completeness
wasn't just something added later - it quite clearly seems to have been
in there right from the start.

/Conceptually/ it has always been a full-fledged programming language,
even though the initial /use case/ was of course page description.