POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XBox GTA4 : Re: XBox GTA4 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XBox GTA4
From: Warp
Date: 21 Oct 2009 14:36:20
Message: <4adf54a4@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> OOC why did you lose him?  DId you crash into other cars/buildings or just
> slow down too much for the corners?

  The car is basically uncontrollable. Drifting is extremely hard, you
very easily lose control of the car, if you touch a wall of anything you
are very likely to turn around 180 degrees, if you collide with anything
head-on you are screwed, the car can get turned upside down very easily,
the bad guy's car takes a random route around the city and other cars
appear randomly (so it's impossible to practice and memorize the exact
route), and the game is completely unforgiving about the bad guy getting
even some distance from you.

  I tried at least 100 times, and couldn't get even to one third of the
way (as shown in that youtube video). Most of the time I just crashed at
the very beginning, either on that narrow alley or on a tree right outside,
other times I got farther, but due to the uncontrollability of the car and
the completely random route, I always ended up colliding head-on with walls,
lamp posts or other cars. The game is completely unforgiving about collisions.
If you collide, you are screwed.

  And I have played the first Driver, and other similar car games, such as
Midtown Madness (1 and 2). No problems with those.

--
                                                          - Warp