POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming langauges : Re: Programming langauges Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming langauges
From: Captain Jack
Date: 21 Oct 2009 11:14:10
Message: <4adf2542$1@news.povray.org>
news:4adf232d$1@news.povray.org...
> Basically I was trying to tackle a problem having no idea where to start
> or how to structure it.
>
> I was only 11, after all...

Let me think... 11, for me, would have been 1972-3, which would have been
the sixth grade... I didn't have access to any kind of computer anywhere
(that would come about four years later, when my shool got a remote terminal
attached to an IBM system 34). I *was* into electronics at that point, and a
rigged a kind of programmable light board out of some scrap wood, parts from
about a dozen flashlights and some resistors. You could patch jumper wires
into clips on the board to make little puzzles to solve by flipping numbered
switches. A couple of years after that, I spent some time building TTL
circuits, which was really cool, but not as flexible as I would have liked.

But, man oh man, when I did get started programming, I new I'd come home. :D