POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 4D : Re: 4D Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4D
From: stbenge
Date: 21 Oct 2009 11:06:04
Message: <4adf235c$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> These are two seperate, unrelated geometries.
>
> 4D Euclidian space is interesting because it's a straight extension of
> 3D Euclidian geometry.

I should read more about this, sounds interesting.

> Somewhat weirder is hyperbolic geometry, where multiple "straight lines"
> through a single point do not intersect each other [except at that
> point]. You really need to play with this:
>
> http://cs.unm.edu/~joel/NonEuclid/NonEuclid.html

I'll check it out.

I've been trying to figure out how to calculate hyperbolic geometry, so
I may create new "circle limit" Poincare disk tesselations. I figure it
must be possible to create such a thing with POV-Ray functions, but so
far all my attempts have been total failures :(