POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 4D : Re: 4D Server Time
8 Oct 2024 20:53:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4D
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 21 Oct 2009 09:43:12
Message: <4adf0ff0$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

>>> But if so, how could you possible remember and/or integrate the
>>> experience with a 3D mind? Maybe you could remember that *something*
>>> happened, with a gained benefit of a new spiritual perspective...
>>
>> Is a possibility, but again, who remembers being a 2D person before
>> this life? maybe is part of the "instinct" of each person, but who
>> knows...
>
> You can't be (and never could have been in any prior life) a "2D
> person": Evidently, there /are/ 3 dimensions (or more), so each "2D"
> being must also be embedded in 3D space, and therefore /be/ a 3D being.

You're missing the point: by 2D person we mean you live in a 2D world as
we live in a 3D world, without being able to experience any other
dimension. Of course 2D, 3D, 4D, etc are included in a nD universe but
we're not gonna call everything a nD being or object, we have to call
the object dimensional feature by how many dimensions that being/object
is able to experience not by how many dimension that being/object is
included in.

> Similarly with 4 (space-like) dimensions: Either we /are/ 4D beings, or
> there is no such thing as a 4th dimension.

read above.