POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Timeline : Re: Timeline Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Timeline
From: scott
Date: 21 Oct 2009 08:11:07
Message: <4adefa5b$1@news.povray.org>
>> You can tell Excel to add a label to each data-point, but it seems to
>> want to convert each Y value to a number before displaying it (so text
>> all comes out as zero).
>
> Exactly.
>
> If you have the dates as the Y axis, it works for some reason, but if you
> try to set it as the X axis... it fails.

Yeh it seems to work easily the other way, this is because on the X axis the
graph can take a list of non-numerical data, or numerical values.  For the Y
axis you must have numerical values, a list of text won't work.

You can always just do it the other way round and then rotate 90 degrees :-)

I suspect MS deliberately left it like this so you'd have to buy MS
Project...