POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Timeline : Re: Timeline Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Timeline
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Oct 2009 06:47:02
Message: <4adee6a6$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I've got a list of events and the dates when they happened. Any idea how
> to get Excel to plot these events in a chart?

It turns out that if you have the labels in column A and the dates in
column B and you do an XY Scatter Plot, and turn on data labels, it does
sort-of the right thing.

However, nothing in hell will convince it to put the dates on the X
axis. If you put the data that way round, it spazzes out and doesn't
know how to plot the data any more. So I'm stuck with the dates on the Y
axis. *sigh*

(You also have to manually sort by date if you want a decent plot. It's
also fun trying to get the labels to not overlap...)