POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions : Re: Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Oct 2009 05:34:26
Message: <4aded5a2$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Oh, sure. I meant will Windows Vista continue to increase once Windows
>> 7 is out. ;-)
>
> Probably, for a while.  Especially in large companies there is always a
> big delay between a new OS being released and that OS starting to be
> used.  From my experience a lot of places are starting to roll out Vista
> on new machines, I suspect that trend will continue for at least another
> year or so until they have tested Windows 7 sufficiently.

Certainly the company I work for has vowed to not even touch Vista. They
were going to wait 3 years, but not I think they're looking at going
straight to Windows 7.

Weird really. As soon as a new server OS comes out, they can't install
it fast enough. But desktop OS, they tend to wait until it's a few years
old before even testing it.