POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric shapes that could be turned into buildings : Re: Geometric shapes that could be turned into buildings Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric shapes that could be turned into buildings
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Oct 2009 05:05:28
Message: <4adeced8$1@news.povray.org>
I never did like hypercomplex numbers and quaternions very much. Neither
of them are true number fields, and the Julia sets they produce are just
slightly modified surfaces of revolution.

The complex cubic Mandelbrot set uses only complex arithmetic - a true
number field - and produces a 4D image that has genuine detail in every
direction. The resulting images look much more "natural" to my eyes,
whichever plane you slice it in.

As you say though, this object is not widely known.

(And there's no way you'd ever make a building out of it. It's far too
impractical...)