POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun : Re: wacom bamboo fun Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wacom bamboo fun
From: stbenge
Date: 20 Oct 2009 21:39:41
Message: <4ade665d$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:28:02 -0700, stbenge wrote:
>
>> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> But Illustrator is also vector-based, not raster.  At least the
>>> Illustrator I remember using. ;-)
>> It is :) But fleshing-out 'toons in vector can really speed up the whole
>> process, if done right.
>
> True, but like nemesis, I'm still having trouble seeing why not
> Illustrator -> Inkscape, the two seem to have very similar features. :-)

Okay, you can make certain layers all the same color in Illustrator (eg.
[head, ears, neck], [hair, eyebrows]), open them as layers in Gimp, and
then use selection masks to do your shading. This would be especially
useful for hair, I think. It might even be possible to save some time
this way.

Of course, if I get a tablet I might not have to do stuff like that as
often :)