POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun : Re: wacom bamboo fun Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wacom bamboo fun
From: Tim Cook
Date: 20 Oct 2009 18:00:01
Message: <4ade32e1$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Tim Cook escreveu:
>> I never could get used to the disconnect between separate tablet and
>> monitor-over-there, and one being horizontal and the other vertical
>> did not help.  So I got a tabletpc.
>
> The wacom tablets are both horizontal like a monitor.

Wrong axis.  I meant they're perpendicular to each other, not oriented
differently in same plane.  XD

>> Software-wise, I swear by Sketchbook Pro, and find ArtRage an adequate
>> simulation of real-world media (especially the pencil).
>
> I would have thought pencil is so easy to simulate that even Microsoft
> Paint is ok.

You'd think, but it's not...MS paint (unless Win7 added lots of
features) doesn't antialias, have pressure sensitivity, or paper
texture, which ArtRage happens to hit just the right look that for some
reason looks exactly like a scanned image of pencil-on-rough-paper where
other programs don't.  (But then, i.e. Sketchbook Pro is more of a pure
digital thing, not trying to mimic real-world media in favour of speed
and precision.)

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net