POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun : Re: wacom bamboo fun Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wacom bamboo fun
From: stbenge
Date: 20 Oct 2009 17:40:15
Message: <4ade2e3f@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> stbenge escreveu:
>> nemesis wrote:
>>> stbenge escreveu: <...>
>>> My daughter is hooked as well, she's already drew and sent several
>>> paintings to the grandparents... :)
>>
>> Heck, post those too, if you want. It's interesting to see what kids
>> produce!
>
> http://i38.tinypic.com/al6w77.jpg
>
> Typical kid stuff, but you asked for it. :)  Written:  "Vanessa and dad
>  Spring  Grandma and Grandpa"

Typical, maybe, but like any art, you can see how it's unique.

> She named it.  I adjusted some jittering for her brush.  She chose the
> colors from the pallete. :)

I see what looks like deliberate shading in the hill 2nd from right.

>> There's be times you still might want to make a polygonal selection...
>
> It's great for technical drawing, for sure.  But for my comic-like
> drawings, I prefer everything hand-drawn. :P

Not just technical drawings. I used the freehand selection tool for the
chicken and also the pan for the attached pic.

>> You've *got* to use the sculpt tool.
>
> Oh, but I've used it, yes:
>
> http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=143168
>
> I'm willing to try with a tablet now. :)

I knew I recognized that goomba. Didn't you post a goomba a while back
to p.b.i.?

I like the 2nd version in the 2nd image of that bald guy. Looks like a
happy old man :)

>>> one of the best things is that there's no paper waste. :)
>>
>> No doubt! All the same, I keep a ream of printing paper at hand. It's
>> such a cheap medium
>
> tell that to poor trees! :P

I know, but I try not to throw too many of my drawings out in a fit of
disgust :P

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'chicken.png' (111 KB)