POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun : Re: wacom bamboo fun Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wacom bamboo fun
From: stbenge
Date: 20 Oct 2009 16:49:53
Message: <4ade2271@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> stbenge escreveu:
>> nemesis wrote:
>> Thanks! Yeah, I've not bought a tablet yet because it seemed like a
>> frivolous purchase.
>
> Not frivolous at all, dude!  Now I believe it's a huge step forward in
> man-computer interface (at least for people which like to draw).  My
> daughter is hooked as well, she's already drew and sent several
> paintings to the grandparents... :)

Heck, post those too, if you want. It's interesting to see what kids
produce!

>> There's nothing like technical difficulties to quench inspiration :P
>
> Specially from technically creative minds like yourself!  That's a great
> tip!  though I'll probably have no use for it anymore... :D

There's be times you still might want to make a polygonal selection...

>> You probably already know this, but Blender now has support for
>> projection painting.
>
> Yeah, I'm yet to try it out with Blender (and the sculpt tool).  I've
> been obsessively sketching and plain mud painting around in Gimp
> alone...

You've *got* to use the sculpt tool. It has its quirks, like any tool,
but there's so much you can do with it. Try making freehand shapes with
the free modeling program ShapeShop (http://www.shapeshop3d.com/), open
the object with Blender, and go sculpt away! SS is buggy, but good.

> one of the best things is that there's no paper waste. :)

No doubt! All the same, I keep a ream of printing paper at hand. It's
such a cheap medium, and you can always scan your art to prevent yellowing.

>> I hope I can buy one with paypal. I live very far away from any
>> electronic stores. On the plus side, we get several feet of snow each
>> year :)
>
> Uh, I don't think I would be able to stand to the anxiety of waiting for
> it... :P

I can't stand it already! I've been buying miscellaneous technic lego
parts from eBay and the waiting kills me :S