POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun : Re: wacom bamboo fun Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wacom bamboo fun
From: Tim Cook
Date: 20 Oct 2009 16:49:48
Message: <4ade226c$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> It's really good.  Like I said to Darren above, I thought I'd feel
> awkward by drawing on a surface and looking at another surface for the
> result, but it simply goes smooth and natural, like drawing on paper.
> The cursor is there exactly at the point where you'd see your
> pencil/brush and there's no apparent lag between your moves and what
> happens on screen.

And now, my two cents:

I never could get used to the disconnect between separate tablet and
monitor-over-there, and one being horizontal and the other vertical did
not help.  So I got a tabletpc.

Software-wise, I swear by Sketchbook Pro, and find ArtRage an adequate
simulation of real-world media (especially the pencil).  Painter,
another famous attempt at real-world media simulation is, quite frankly,
crap--ArtRage is light-years beyond it.  GIMP is a horrid imitation of
all the worst aspects of Photoshop, which itself is a bloated
monstrosity that's not really for drawing--it's for photo editing.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net