POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun : Re: wacom bamboo fun Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wacom bamboo fun
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 20 Oct 2009 16:27:57
Message: <4ade1d4d$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:17:24 -0200, nemesis wrote:

> I think I understand now.  Perhaps it changes the brush format on the
> fly depending on the angle?  Gotta try it when getting home...

Not really the brush format, but just how it's applied.

The easiest way to see it (if your tablet supports it - I don't know if
the bamboo does or not) is to select the calligraphy tool and set the
size and speed sensitivities to 0, set the tilt sensitivity to 1 (that
way the tilt is the only thing affecting the brush stroke).  Set the size
adjustment to the default and the angle to 90 (which I think is also the
default).

Then hold the stylus at about a 45 degree angle to the X or Y axis and
draw a square without changing the tilt.  Then hold the stylus to a 45
degree angle along the other axis and draw another square.

What you'll see is that in the first case, the lines on the left/right of
the square are thin, and on the top/bottom are fat.

The second square will have fat lines on the left/right and thin on the
top/bottom.

The opacity will be consistent (so this is different than using the brush
tool with pressure set to opacity, which I think is the default).

Jim