POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun : Re: wacom bamboo fun Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wacom bamboo fun
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Oct 2009 15:59:44
Message: <4ade16b0@news.povray.org>
stbenge escreveu:
> nemesis wrote:
> Thanks! Yeah, I've not bought a tablet yet because it seemed like a
> frivolous purchase. But since I have some money to spend, and I know
> I'll be using a tablet all the time, I think I can afford to buy one ;)

Not frivolous at all, dude!  Now I believe it's a huge step forward in
man-computer interface (at least for people which like to draw).  My
daughter is hooked as well, she's already drew and sent several
paintings to the grandparents... :)

>> I had to draw a few bezier curves to help me limit the drawings to a
>> certain region...
>
> I usually make a freehand polygonal selection and round out the corners
> with the smudge tool. It's faster than using bezier curves. There's
> nothing like technical difficulties to quench inspiration :P

Specially from technically creative minds like yourself!  That's a great
tip!  though I'll probably have no use for it anymore... :D

> You probably already know this, but Blender now has support for
> projection painting. This makes painting directly onto objects much
> easier, although the tool set is very limited.

Yeah, I'm yet to try it out with Blender (and the sculpt tool).  I've
been obsessively sketching and plain mud painting around in Gimp
alone... one of the best things is that there's no paper waste. :)

> I hope I can buy one with paypal. I live very far away from any
> electronic stores. On the plus side, we get several feet of snow each
> year :)

Uh, I don't think I would be able to stand to the anxiety of waiting for
it... :P

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9