POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun : Re: wacom bamboo fun Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wacom bamboo fun
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 20 Oct 2009 15:52:01
Message: <4ade14e1$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:47:11 -0200, nemesis wrote:

> I don't know exactly what effect tilt is supposed to give.  Given
> pressure, lines get thicker or slimmer so I'm not sure what to expect
> from tilt more than that.
>
> Notice you can get nice caligraphic countours with the ink tool and
> mouse alone, just by adjusting the "brush" format.

The tilt functionality with the calligraphy tool lets you hold the pen at
a specific angle and as you move the brush (without changing the tilt),
the width changes.  It's different than pressure because the angle
determines the size of the stroke.  Much more natural for doing, say,
Kanji calligraphy (which is what I tried it out with - no, I don't know
it, but I did learn to write "Japan" in order to see what it would look
like - and my sister-in-law would probably laugh at that, just as she did
at my attempts to say rather complex things in Japanese <g>).

If I get a few minutes, I'll create something and post it so you can see
the difference.

Jim