POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun : Re: wacom bamboo fun Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wacom bamboo fun
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Oct 2009 15:47:12
Message: <4ade13c0$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson escreveu:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:20:44 -0200, nemesis wrote:
>
>> BTW, in that first drawing I didn't have pressure set in the Gimp.  Only
>> later I realized how to set it up.  With the paintbrush and a dissolve
>> layer, it's truly friggin' astounding...
>
> I'm wondering what you did to set it up

I followed this:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wacom#Gimp

Just putting "Mode: Screen" to the stylus (called Wacom Cursor in mine)
suffices.

> - for me, I get pressure controls
> inside various tools, but if there's another place to set it up (I also
> get tilt with my tablet, don't know if the bamboo has that or not - but
> it's pretty cool to use the caligraphic tools with tilt enabled on the
> stylus).

I don't know exactly what effect tilt is supposed to give.  Given
pressure, lines get thicker or slimmer so I'm not sure what to expect
from tilt more than that.

Notice you can get nice caligraphic countours with the ink tool and
mouse alone, just by adjusting the "brush" format.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9