POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 4D : Re: 4D Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4D
From: stbenge
Date: 20 Oct 2009 15:02:24
Message: <4ade0940$1@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> I find it to be the most frustrating and fascinating thing ever. I did a
> search for its objects:
> http://search.viewpoint.com/pl/websearch?vb=2&tn=&type=ONE&k=4th+dimension+objects
>
> I don't know if some day would be possible but would be great to visit a
> 4D world and meet 4D people :-D

It's good to know that some people are taking the idea of a fourth
spatial dimension seriously. A lot of people argue that time is the
"true" 4th dimension, but that idea just doesn't sit well with me, even
though I don't have a lot of knowledge in this area.

> I was thinking and maybe this is where you go when you die and ghosts
> are just what we can see from a 4D person. 4D makes my head go thinking
> pretty bizarre stuff, don't you?

Yeah. I think maybe with our 3D minds we could travel through the fourth
dimension, yet not be able to witness it directly as we do the 3rd. More
speculation, I know. It might have been inspired by something...

Sam