POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun : Re: wacom bamboo fun Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wacom bamboo fun
From: stbenge
Date: 20 Oct 2009 14:49:07
Message: <4ade0623@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Fun and joy!  Just got me one of these
> http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_fun.php
> this last sunday.  Truly worth it!  Mouse no more!
> It's like drawing with the real thing, be it chalk, guache, pencil or ink...
> some sketches of mine:
>
> http://i38.tinypic.com/9sf4o2.jpg
> http://i34.tinypic.com/rhtsur.gif
> http://i35.tinypic.com/351z801.gif
>
> I'm yet to learn more painting technique to truly put the Gimp to fire... but oh
> man, love it!  Was it Stephen who was advocating for tablets?  You nailed it,
> man!

Nice sketches.

I'm seriously thinking about buying this! Is it difficult to tell where
your strokes will end up in relation to your current drawing? How about
the precision, is it truly good?

As it is now, I end up making a lot of annoyingly loud clicking sounds
when painting digitally. Does the stylus have noisy buttons? Or do you
simply press down on the pad to apply paint strokes? And how about
scroll-wheel capabilities? In the Gimp I always keep a hand on the
keyboard and a finger on the scroll wheel to pan, zoom, etc.

A lot of questions, but I'm getting excited about this!

If I get this, I'll have to post some images of my own ;)

Sam