POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun : Re: wacom bamboo fun Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wacom bamboo fun
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Oct 2009 12:20:37
Message: <4adde355@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
> nemesis wrote:
>> That's great!  With Gimp the best I can do is manual smear (with
>> jitter) and
>> play with multiply or opacity settings.
>
> Try it out. It's really cool. artrage.com. It has a free download
> version, with the limitation being things like no layers and no way to
> save it as a standard image.

I don't have Windows except at work, where I can't download executables.
  Perhaps I'll download at home and bring it on tomorrow...

> As you can imagine, it's lots more fun when you're actually painting
> right on the screen, rather than a tablet.

I don't see the difference, except perhaps a more tiresome experience
thanks no rest to the arm.  I mean, at first I thought drawing in a
surface and seeing the result in another would be disorientating, but
the hand-eye coordination goes just smooth and natural, like as if
directly drawing on paper...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9