POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : NTFS vs. FAT32 defragmenting speed : Re: NTFS vs. FAT32 defragmenting speed Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NTFS vs. FAT32 defragmenting speed
From: Warp
Date: 20 Oct 2009 12:07:54
Message: <4adde059@news.povray.org>
> The confusion from
>  >> How much of your MFT uses those 750K files?
> is that the MFT is the subject in that sentence, and the sentence implies it
> is using 750K files. A better way to phrase it would be

> "How much of the MFT space do the files use?"
> or
> "How much of the MFT space is used by the files?"

> Then "files" is the subject, and the files use the MFT space, which makes
> more sense.

  Perhaps the sentence could be reworded completely to reflect the intent.
I'm assuming it would be something like:

  "How much NTFS bookkeeping data is required (which the system puts inside
the MFT zone) if you have 750000 small files?"

  Or if we ask the same thing a bit differently: "How many files can you
have in an NTFS partition before a 1MB MTF zone gets full?"

--
                                                          - Warp