POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : New User Checking In : Re: New User Checking In Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:36:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New User Checking In
From: Chris B
Date: 20 Oct 2009 08:23:08
Message: <4addabac@news.povray.org>
"R'Lee" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4add9ab64fbf7b498cc95c800@news.povray.org...
> Howdy All. While exploring the Internet for artistic inspiration I
> happened
> across POV-Ray and decided to give it a try. That was Yesterday. I began
> working
> my way through the tutorials of course.

Welcome :-)

> Right off the bat I noticed that the
> tutorial in describing lighting makes reference to something which is not
> obviously available in the program. Specifically the tutorial says to
> render one
> of the examples at "200x150 -A" This setting is not readily available in
> the
> preset rendering options drop down.

I see this same resolution mentioned in sections 1.2.4.1, 1.2.4.2, 1.2.4.4,
1.3.1.6, 1.3.3.5 and 1.3.4.1,  (2.2.4.2 etc. in Windows Help) and at
corresponding points through the Wiki. For the instances that I've looked
at, the resolution doesn't seem to be hugely relevant to the text, so maybe
we should just drop the resolution references at those points?

I'd be happy to nip in and edit the Wiki if everyone agrees.

Regards,
Chris B.