POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XBox GTA4 : Re: XBox GTA4 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XBox GTA4
From: Warp
Date: 19 Oct 2009 13:07:42
Message: <4adc9cde@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> What do you mean by the first level?  Maybe my version is different.  On my
> version the first level you had to drive to the police station and do a
> basic firing test by shooting at dummy boards.

  The first level of actual gameplay. I don't count that tutorial intro as
the first level. The first level is the first car chase.

> Then next some guy drove off in a car and you had to follow him.
> My car seemed to be slightly faster than his (I would be gradually catching
> him up when going straight), but I had to be careful when turning not to hit
> in to stuff to let him get away.  I found the best tactic was to actually
> stay a certain distance behind him, then you are more prepared to take the
> turn without crashing.

  I tried that at least 100 times, both with the keyboard+mouse and a
gamepad. I could not complete it.

  I am quite experienced gamer, I have played the first Driver through, as
well as other similar games, without problems.

--
                                                          - Warp