POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open source software is always stable : Re: Open source software is always stable Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open source software is always stable
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Oct 2009 09:20:20
Message: <4adc6794$1@news.povray.org>
>> Counter-example: Because of DRM, my CD recorder will only record CDs
>> which contain a special marker. These CDs are 10x more expensive.
>> (Becuase, if you're recording CDs, you're *obvoisely* doing so
>> illegally, right?)
>>
>> Thanks to DRM, I get to buy the same product for 10x the price.
>
> You're just a sucker for buying a recorder that can only record to those
> fancy-pants discs :-)

It was a birthday present, actually. :-P

> Anyway, sit back and feel comforted that your extra donations to the
> record companies mean they can charge the rest of us a tiny bit less for
> everything else they sell :-D

I was feel rather resentful that I'm being taxed for illegally copying
stuff when in actual fact the reason I wanted the thing was so that I
could record performances of my own music which I therefore own the
copyright to. I'm paying the music industry so that I can record my own
music! WTF?

And besides, if you write some text on your webpage, you don't have to
pay a tax to the paper print industry that you're "driving out of
business", so why is the music industry so special? :-P