POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XBox GTA4 : Re: XBox GTA4 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XBox GTA4
From: scott
Date: 19 Oct 2009 06:34:46
Message: <4adc40c6$1@news.povray.org>
>  Driv3r is completely unplayable. I cannot pass even the first level.

So I dug out this game over the weekend and had a drive about.

What do you mean by the first level?  Maybe my version is different.  On my
version the first level you had to drive to the police station and do a
basic firing test by shooting at dummy boards.  It was incredibly easy even
though I hadn't got used to the mouse aim controls yet.  After that the next
level was to drive to some building, shoot 3 or 4 people (again, they were
really not good at shooting and I killed them all without losing much
health).  Then next some guy drove off in a car and you had to follow him.
My car seemed to be slightly faster than his (I would be gradually catching
him up when going straight), but I had to be careful when turning not to hit
in to stuff to let him get away.  I found the best tactic was to actually
stay a certain distance behind him, then you are more prepared to take the
turn without crashing.

I used the keyboard for control, and really thought it was quite similar to
the original Driver controls (although I haven't played that for ages).
After a few corners it was quite easy to get the hang of sliding nicely
(using the handbrake or burn-out key to induce the slide...).  The only
annoying thing is even on max draw distance things still pop up relatively
close to you, which can be quite a problem when going fast.

It was a blast for 30 mins or so, but not really any long term appeal for
me.