POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 : Re: 2012 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2012
From: Chambers
Date: 18 Oct 2009 23:37:23
Message: <4adbdef3$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Chambers <Ben### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Words cannot describe how much this particular movie annoys me.
>
>   I think it's a bad idea to detest a movie without having seen it. Or even
> before it has been released in the first place.

OK, good point.  Allow me to clarify: it's the IDEA that annoys me, and
not the movie per se.

The reason being that the idea is supposedly based on Mayan beliefs, but
5 minutes of research will show that the idea is flawed.

Now, if they wanted to make a movie about the end of the world, and just
said, "It's the end of the world!" then I wouldn't mind.  But basing a
disaster movie on 2012 is akin to basing a Sci Fi movie on the idea that
1+1=yellow.

Unfortunately, it's annoying enough that I probably won't be able to
enjoy the movie at all.

...Chambers