POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad science fiction : Re: Bad science fiction Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad science fiction
From: Chambers
Date: 18 Oct 2009 16:25:56
Message: <4adb79d4@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
>     Didn't like the whole last third of the movie when they enter the
> military complex. It was a sudden change of pace, mood, everything. If
> not for that, it'd been a great movie.

Really?  I'm surprised to hear you responded that way.  I always saw the
movie as focusing on the character's reactions to the desolation; from
that point of view, including the military group makes sense.  Once you
make that step, the conflict between the main characters and the
soldiers becomes inevitable.

That's the main reason I don't like "28 Weeks" as much.  It's a great
slasher film (which there's nothing wrong with), but it lacks the
emotional punch of the first one.

...Chambers