POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad science fiction : Re: Bad science fiction Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:26:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad science fiction
From: Warp
Date: 18 Oct 2009 15:11:58
Message: <4adb687e@news.povray.org>
somebody <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message

> >   It's based on theoretical science, not handwaving:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q-ball

> In that case, I'm surprised you exclude FTL travel, which is typically based
> on as just as solid (or shaky) theorizing.

  Exactly which part of theoretical physics is the FTL travel eg. in Star
Trek or Star Wars based on? Care to give references to some scientifical
papers discussing the subject?

  While are it, also give some references to theoretical physics which
explains FTL communication in Star Trek and Star Wars (which badly breaks
GR principles).

  (I don't need to give you references to the Q-ball theory because the
wikipedia article has plenty at the bottom.)

--
                                                          - Warp