POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad science fiction : Re: Bad science fiction Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad science fiction
From: nemesis
Date: 18 Oct 2009 12:52:01
Message: <4adb47b1$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> Neeum Zawan <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
>>> - Deep Impact is nice in some ways. It suffered from the fact that
>>> Armageddon came out the same year. It's *much* better than its rival,
>>> though.
>>
>> Much, much better.
>
> I'd only partially agree.  Deep Impact had much better emotional
> development, but was overall poorly written.

How poorly written?  Any plot holes I'm unaware of?  I liked how the
story kickstarts with a supposedly love affair of a high politician... I
find the plot quite tight.

> twist endings, etc).  I guess something in Deep Impact must have
> resonated with you more than Armageddon did.

Certainly the emotional involvement was great, but so was the whole trip
to the asteroid very plausible and the consequences of the half-failure.