POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open source software is always stable : Re: Open source software is always stable Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open source software is always stable
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 17 Oct 2009 19:37:45
Message: <4ada5549@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Maybe a better example is video editing: There is good video editing
> software out there, and there is open source video editing software out
> there. Exclusive "and".

And the ones around don't follow *either* sane UI guidelines or Unix
philosophy.

I have yet to see a good open source graphical video editor. And I have yet
to see a *command-line* tool that can take two video files and produce an
output video that is a transition between the inputs. (Raw uncompressed
video, of course; encoding would be done by piping to/from ffmpeg.)