POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Geocities Objects : Re: Geocities Objects Server Time
2 May 2024 04:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geocities Objects
From: Chris B
Date: 17 Oct 2009 05:32:34
Message: <4ad98f32$1@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message

> Also, some sites may not be entirely lost, as they may have been archived
> by the Wayback Machine. You can't count on this, though.

I just tried a few of the sites that I've been looking at. The download
links on the Wayback Machine copies that I tried (links to zip files) seemed
to all be broken. Maybe they don't support zip files? Also I found that most
of the sites I tried are missing graphics and some obviously aren't present
at all.

Still that might provide a bit of a last-ditch catch-net. I see that you can
nominate sites, making them more likely to be archived. Anyone fancy doing
something with that?

Regards,
Chris B.