POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Geocities Objects : Re: Geocities Objects Server Time
2 May 2024 04:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geocities Objects
From: SharkD
Date: 16 Oct 2009 23:38:16
Message: <4ad93c28$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/1/2009 11:07 AM, Chris B wrote:
> Following on from the earlier two Geocities threads, I've updated the
> page at http://povhouse.freewebsites.com/geocities/objects.html to show
> the progress for the stuff I'm concentrating on.
>
> I'm now exclusively looking at the first table at the top of that page,
> which contains objects likely to be suitable for the Object Collection.
> This is just 16 authors. I've so far got responses from 6 authors and
> I've started adding models to the Object Collection where I've received
> permission.
>
> There are still 10 authors that I didn't get a response from. This could
> be because the email addresses I've got for them are defunct. If you
> think you might have more up to date contact details for these 10 people
> please let me know.
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

Great work! You should probably upload a copy of the list to the wiki so
that we have a record in case anyone comes asking.

Also, some sites may not be entirely lost, as they may have been
archived by the Wayback Machine. You can't count on this, though. For
instance, the earliest record of my old Geocities page is from circa
2003, despite the fact that my site had been online (until recently)
since 1997. I *think* you can fill out a request form for it to trawl a
particular site. But this option might only be available to a site's
author. (Not 100% sure.)

Mike