POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for Speed: Shift : Re: Need for Speed: Shift Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need for Speed: Shift
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 16 Oct 2009 16:44:43
Message: <4ad8db3b$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/16/2009 2:43 PM, Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> Is that the new one? Played the demo on a friends PS3, found that the
> steering physics felt just fine from a joystick, but with a wheel,
> pedals and shift stick it just felt sloppy. The force feedback made the
> steering wheel bounce rapidly from side to side, which made the car
> wobble so much worse than anything either of us had ever actually
> driven. And I learned to drive in a beat up pickup truck!

Heh. I'm using a wheel on the PC, but I have an older FFB wheel, and
while it is touchy, I eventually got used to it. There's a lot of
options on configuring the wheel in the game, so it could be
misconfigured, I did have to tweak some settings to get everything to
work reliably.

It could also have something to do with the default setup of the cars. I
noticed many of them had toe-out, which will make the car very twitchy
in the straights.

--
~Mike