POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for Speed: Shift : Re: Need for Speed: Shift Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need for Speed: Shift
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 16 Oct 2009 15:43:40
Message: <4ad8ccec$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Has anybody played it?
>
> I've been playing it for a little while, now. quite fun. Very nice
> graphically. Physics seems relatively good, but it is very challenging
> to drive without assists.
>
> Most of the car interiors look pretty close to the real thing. Nice work
> on reflections and shadows/etc...

Is that the new one? Played the demo on a friends PS3, found that the
steering physics felt just fine from a joystick, but with a wheel,
pedals and shift stick it just felt sloppy. The force feedback made the
steering wheel bounce rapidly from side to side, which made the car
wobble so much worse than anything either of us had ever actually
driven. And I learned to drive in a beat up pickup truck!

Could have been just the demo had that problem, but since he is a racing
sim fan, the inability to use the wheel at all was a breaking point.