POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Geocities Objects : Re: Geocities Objects Server Time
2 May 2024 04:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geocities Objects
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 15 Oct 2009 18:13:00
Message: <4ad79e6c$1@news.povray.org>
Chris B wrote:
> Following on from the earlier two Geocities threads, I've updated the
> page at http://povhouse.freewebsites.com/geocities/objects.html to show
> the progress for the stuff I'm concentrating on.

I realized, reading the above page, that you may have thought I was
going to re-host all of the sites. That was not my intent, though I will
help out if just a few of them want sites re-hosted. My intent was to
host only the files that were authorized for redistribution. To do that,
I have set a wget script loose on all of the pages that you linked to,
just downloading the whole directory structure to be sure I don't miss
any files. After that, I am going through all of the povray files:
scenes, scripts, includes, etc. Only the ones that have permission, in
the file or on the webpage, to be redistributed will be.

The rest, I guess that is just for personal use.