POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XBox GTA4 : Re: XBox GTA4 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XBox GTA4
From: Chambers
Date: 15 Oct 2009 16:15:04
Message: <4ad782c8$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> But it seems the only way I can catch up to people fleeing is to drive
> after them as far as I can, then start over and try to follow the same
> path, ad nauseum. The fact that the game won't save at arbitrary points
> is rather annoying too.

Once you get to be friends with Bruce, you can participate in street
races whenever you want - these are good practice.

Like most racing games, it all comes down to the corners.  If you learn
to corner well, you can catch anybody - well, anybody in a race.  There
are actually some scripted chases where it's physically impossible to
catch the target, as they'll just accelerate at an insane pace to keep
ahead of you.  For those chases, you just need to keep close to them
until you reach your destination.  Unfortunately, there's no indication
of which type of chase you're in other than watching the behavior of the
car you're chasing.

...Chambers