POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open usenet servers? : Re: Open usenet servers? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open usenet servers?
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Oct 2009 14:43:46
Message: <4ad76d62$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Sticky means they stick in place - not that they don't expire.
>> Then that would be up to your client, wouldn't it?
> Only if your client caches the articles.  Not all clients do.

But that would be up to the server to cache the article. That's why it gets
reposted before it expires.

Look, back in NNTP days, everyone knew to look for the FAQ in the subject
lines. Nowadays on web forums, they know to look for the FAQ in sticky
posts. It's not enough of a difference to make any difference.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)