POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XBox GTA4 : Re: XBox GTA4 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XBox GTA4
From: Chambers
Date: 15 Oct 2009 13:08:10
Message: <4ad756fa@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Does anyone else have trouble steering the cars in this game? So far,
> it's not too difficult, except that I can't steer for a damn, so I can't
> finish the car chase stuff. It feels like the analog joystick is playing
> digital, and every tiny touch is an attempted U-turn.
>
> Do I have something configured wrong? Or is it just me?
>
> I don't have trouble with the analog aiming on other games.

If you're used to other racing games, GTA4 won't feel the same at all.
This is by no means a bad thing; it's a completely different game, and
the driving serves a different purpose.

I'd say spend some time stealing cars and running from the police.  If
you can outrun the police on 3 stars, then you won't have any problems
beating the game.

(Or, for added fun, try to run the police barricades before the other
islands open up - 5 instant stars :) ).

...Chambers