POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bar codes : Re: Bar codes Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bar codes
From: scott
Date: 15 Oct 2009 02:46:37
Message: <4ad6c54d$1@news.povray.org>
> What I suppose they might do is have maybe a 1-frame difference in how
> long a given scene is. Like, on some disks the shot of the ocean is 1362
> frames long, and on others it lasts for 1366 frames. The difference should
> be reliably detectable no matter how you film it.

I think there are lots of possibilities for things they could do.  When a
disc is released that actually uses this feature, I'm sure lots of people
will be jumping up and down trying to find the differences.

> Still, it seems like a hell of a lot of work considering that it doesn't
> actually stop illegal copying, it just makes it hypothetically possible to
> find out who did the illegal copying...

You know what they're like, they like to try and scare everyone with their
copy protection schemes, plus they need somone to sue for $76578236597826457
when they find a copy on bitTorrent.