POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad science fiction : Re: Bad science fiction Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad science fiction
From: Warp
Date: 14 Oct 2009 12:21:30
Message: <4ad5fa8a@news.povray.org>
> > Do you consider them to be good SF?

> I enjoyed them, yes. :-) It was also sufficiently believable that I didn't
> say "Oh come on."  At least, not too often.

  I liked how T2 succeeded at points to be quite philosophical (in a very
scifi'ish manner), but without sounding cheesy.

  "Watching John with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The
  terminator wouldn't stop, it would never leave him. It would never
  hurt him or shout at him or get drunk and hit him or say it was too
  busy to spend time with him. And it would die to protect him. Of all
  the would-be fathers that came over the years, this thing, this
  machine, was the only thing that measured up. In an insane world, it
  was the sanest choice."

  (I think that's one point which would be hard to express in a non-scifi
story.)

--
                                                          - Warp