POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inside Win32 : Re: Inside Win32 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inside Win32
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Oct 2009 10:39:31
Message: <4ad5e2a3$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Good Luck!
>>
>> Why thank you. I believe I'll be needing it... :-/
>
> Indeed! You will need it.

Heh. It's frustrating, really... I discovered that Windows XP and higher
has a thing called Windows Imaging Component (WIC), which allows you to
load and save PNG or JPEG images. This is what I'd like to do. However...

...in order to use it, you need to include the header file wincodec.h
(which I don't have), and you need to link in windowscodec.lib (which I
also don't have). It seems almost pointless to continue reading about
the API, because I can't actually call it anyway.

Hypothetically, if I could somehow discover the necessary GUIDs used by
WIC and the function indicies, I could get away with not having the
necessary header files. But without the include file, I don't think it's
possible to actually call anything. (The include file presumably
contains all the marshalling code to send the function arguments to the
function, which could theoretically be running on another PC. I can't
write this code manually.)