POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inside Win32 : Re: Inside Win32 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inside Win32
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Oct 2009 05:10:24
Message: <4ad59580$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> All we need now is for Warp to pop up and tell me that if only I used
>> a *real* programming environment like VisualStudio C++, I would only
>> need to click on a button and everything would instantly work right...
>
> Or Scott to pop up and tell you to just use a .net language and be done
> with COM altogether.

So I have a choice between a nice programming language with limited
ability to access the outside world, or a language that can access the
outside world but can't actually do much with it. Great...

Actually, I already had this choice. Anything .NET can do, C++ can do.
Just don't expect it to help you in any way if you make a mistake.

Actually, come to think of it, there's always hand-written assembly...

> What do you think of this?
>
> http://www.ffconsultancy.com/dotnet/fsharp/rule30/code/1/rule30.fs

I don't really understand all the graphics-related stuff that's
happening, but the definition of rule 30 itself seems relatively
straight-forward.

(I did briefly look at F# a while back, but abandoned it because it's
not really functional.)