POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspect DLL : Re: Inspect DLL Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspect DLL
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Oct 2009 05:03:13
Message: <4ad593d1$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> License server key for some additional packages in our CAD software.
> The actual CAD software DVDs include *everything* (I hate to imagine the
> cost of buying that), but packages/features are unlocked depending on
> your license key.  If you want to unlock more features, you just pay
> them some money and they send you a new license key.
>
> In theory you could work out how they generate the key (they use the MAC
> address somehow to generate it) and then generate your own key to unlock
> everything!

to send us a code number to allow us to install it on another server.

As my boss at the time muttered, "it seems we're in the wrong line of
business".

(Seriously, why bother running a big expensive lab when we could just
sit around all day charging people extortionate amounts of mony to write
psuedorandom numbers on sheets of paper...)