POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspect DLL : Re: Inspect DLL Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspect DLL
From: scott
Date: 14 Oct 2009 04:57:50
Message: <4ad5928e$1@news.povray.org>

>>> for an envelope containing a sheet of paper with a number printed on it.
>>> Like, WTF?)
>>
>> Hehe, we just paid about 4000 pounds for a 46 byte text file :-)
>
> ...??!

License server key for some additional packages in our CAD software.  The
actual CAD software DVDs include *everything* (I hate to imagine the cost of
buying that), but packages/features are unlocked depending on your license
key.  If you want to unlock more features, you just pay them some money and
they send you a new license key.

In theory you could work out how they generate the key (they use the MAC
address somehow to generate it) and then generate your own key to unlock
everything!